Avectra recently released version 2.0 of netFORUM and several of their existing clients are now working through the process of upgrading.
Christy Gemuendt, Project Manager, Healthcare Assn. of NY State, had the following things to say about their upgrade (posted with her permission):
- Overall, the upgrade went very smoothly. There were very few "showstoppers" found during the testing process. Anything found was fixed in very short order.
- The interface was VERY well received. Even my most cantankerous users are smiling. Big kudos on the overhaul of the UI.
- Users are loving a number of the features, such as add batch on the fly and favorites.
- There are noticeable performance enhancements, and we aren't even taking advantage of all of them yet (we don't yet run IE 7.0, which is required for some of the AJAX enhancements to be most effective).
- We noticed reports are running *fast* compared to before. We received so few helpdesk calls today (all so far have been related to user education) regarding the system that I am thinking of buying a few extra lottery tickets on my way home….
Upgrades are one of the necessary evils that we all have to endure with our data management systems. Congratulations to HANYS and to Avectra for a job well done. I hope to hear from more Avectra clients about smooth and successful upgrades.
Full disclosure: EDM is an independent third-party consulting firm. This means we have no financial relationship with any of the vendors mentioned in this blog. We provide unbiased opinions on what we see.