A vendor asked me the following: "What are the top 5 most useful or most valuable reports that you've seen from an AMS?"
I think the top five will vary based on three things: type of membership (trade vs. professional vs. hybrid); largest source of non-dues revenue (e.g., events, certification, products, fundraising, other); and what is politically important (e.g., committee participation, speaking/presenting, PAC).
But in general, I would suggest these:
- Membership count by membership type, including dollars per category
- Invoicing (i.e., ability to print one or a group of invoices from the system without having to format or merge)
- Aged receivables (30-60-90 days old)
- Event attendance count broken out by registrant type, with revenue
- Event attendance by last name
What do you think? What's your single most important report from your AMS?