It’s a simple fact: most training is wasted. According to the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD), US businesses spend more than $60 billion annually on training. And according to many experts, most of that training money is wasted (imagine, $30 or $40 BILLION wasted!), due to poor training techniques.
The expense of wasted training reaches far beyond the direct expense of training dollars. You also have to calculate lost productivity (i.e., number of staff X number of hours in training X fully loaded hourly rate). And you have the incalculable cost of ill-will created between the staff and your trainers and the database itself.
Whether you’re spending $500 or $5,000 on training this year, you need to be sure your training is effective. Whether you’re conducting the training yourself, or using a third-party to do the training, this session will help you understand what has to happen to make training effective and ensure that staff time is not wasted.
To make your database most effective, you have to be sure staff is trained properly in its use. In this one hour session, Wes will share with you dozens of tips gleaned from nearly 20 years of his experience conducting training programs for dozens of his clients.
This program will show you how to make your database training more effective, thus making your staff more effective.
In this session you’ll learn:
- The ten fundamentals of training (hint: If you don’t follow these fundamentals, your training will not be successful).
- Tips on how adult learners learn best (remember, you’re training adults, not school children).
- How to ensure the greatest level of retention for learners.
- Why day-long training sessions are a waste of time and money.
- How to “train” senior management.
- And much more.